Thank you very much for making it to this page and for taking an interest. Here is a little background info on me.
- UK based professional gardener with over thirty years horticultural experience.
- Currently head gardener at Fittleworth House in West Sussex. England since 1997.
- The garden is open to the public through the National Garden Scheme.
- Keen amatuer photographer with particular interests in plant, garden, automotive and architectural photo's.
- Camera's used for the photographs on this website are - Iphone 3GS, Nikon Coolpix 5200, Pentax K100 and K5 DSLR's, Canon EOS 1D.
- Regular entrant in the RHS Photographic competition and International Garden Photographer of the Year competition
- Results include RHS -3rd in Garden View category 2003, 2nd in Close up category 2006, 3rd in Garden View category and Highly Commended in Nature in the Garden category 2008, 2nd in Abstract Details 2011. IGPOTY - Top ten placing in Winter Beauty category 2011, Highly commended in Bountiful Earth category 2013.
- Photographer at the Chelsea Flower Show 2007 & 2008 for Medici Cards Ltd
- Photographic exhibitions at the Coco Cafe & Sugar Lounge, Petworth in 2008 and Upwaltham barns, near Pertworth in 2010 and 2011
- Started Racing Green Photography and Garden Life Photo websites in 2009 which this site replaces.
- Experienced horticultural lecturer with over 175 lectures given to societies, clubs and groups around the South of England, many of them repeat visits. Also experienced at giving practical horticultural demonstrations and as a gardeners question time panelist.
- Happily married!
- Hobbies include photography, music (rock, swing and classical), motor racing (watching), bird watching, Science fiction, collecting die cast cars (Matchbox).
- Favourite films - Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Hope and Glory, Goodbye Mr Chips.
- Classic Mini owner and driver.
Thank you for reading.
3rd in RHS Photographic competition 2008 - category Garden View